PR account executive / Senior PR account executive – Elan PR (Full Time)
Elan PR Limited, based in Shutford near Banbury, is looking to recruit a full-time public relations (PR) account executive or senior account executive. We are a small but growing agency devoted to providing communications and media relations support to specialists in the automotive, classic car and motorsport sectors.
The successful candidate will support the team with the day-to-day operations across our varied client accounts, assisting in a range of research, writing, media monitoring and reporting tasks. Regular responsibilities include developing and distributing press materials, managing media databases, as well as creating and implementing social media strategies and content. Pitching to media and liaising with journalists will be key for more experienced recruits or as experience in the role grows.
As part of a small, hands-on team, there’s huge potential for a self-starter to grow responsibilities and experience within this role.
A relevant undergraduate degree in PR, English or journalism is desirable, as is a passion for motorsport and the automotive sector.
- First-rate written and spoken English is essential
- Excellent copywriting skills with a strong grasp of grammar and proof-reading in order to draft press releases and articles. You will be asked to show examples of your written work
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively over the phone, email and in person, with clients, the media and internally
- Comfortable to work in a small team, but also able to work independently
- Good organisational skills in order to manage a number of ongoing account tasks and ad-hoc projects simultaneously
- Display creativity in finding opportunities for clients
- Passion, initiative, tenacity
- Journalist contacts and at least a year’s agency experience would be beneficial
- Researching, writing, editing copy, press releases, case studies and articles
- Developing and executing social media content
- Monitoring and reporting on media coverage for clients
- Maintaining accurate media distribution lists
- Meeting and corresponding with clients
- Brainstorming new PR and social media ideas
Working hours are from 9-5.30, though flexibility is a must. Work is mainly office-based, but there will be some travelling to meet clients and attend events. Remuneration depending on experience.
Please send your CV with covering letter to [email protected].
t: 01295 780411